the Virtual Music Classroom
Music Activities and Resources for Kids and Teachers
Activities for Kids
Here Comes a Bluebird
If you have the MIDI plug-in, Crescendo, you should be hearing the tune below. If you don't, or if you have difficulties, here are further instructions on how to access the music
BE SURE TO SING ALONG!
Learn how to play the game
"Here Comes a Bluebird"
1. Choose a "Bluebird."
2. The rest of the class joins hands in a circle, holding hands high.
3. Children sing the song as the "Bluebird" weaves in and out
of the "windows of the upraised arms of the children in the circle.
4. On the words "Pick a Little Partner," the "bluebird" takes the nearest child out of the circle, joining both hands with the new partner and hopping into the centre of the circle with the partner.
5. The two children drop hands, and begin the game again, now with the partners becoming two "bluebirds." The circle rejoins hands and repeats the song. Both "bluebirds" now picking partners.
6. Continue repeating the song, accumulating "Bluebirds" until there is no circle left!
Click below for some FUN
DOWNLOAD needs and NET INFO for using this page:
- QuickTime Musical Instruments info - Download QuickTime 2.1 - Download Crescendo! by Liveupdate - Download Arnold's Midi Player - Download OMS - MacIntosh Midi Users Internet Guide
BACK TO HIGHER DIRECTORIES ON THIS SITE
KODÁLY Society of Canada Homepage - Arts Culture and Heritage
SITE designed and Maintained by